This week for my Dining Room Makeover progress it was solely focused on transforming the Ikea Ivar Cabinets into a Buffet Table/ Credenza.
If you are new here be sure to check out Week 1 and Week 2 to see what I have done so far in my Dining Room.
So last week I finished assembling the cabinets and it was time to attach some legs.
I absolutely fell in love with these gorgeous Acrylic Cube Bunfoot from Osborne Woods and I knew I had to have these for the Ikea Ivar Cabinet.
Osborne Wood were nice enough send me these Acrylic Cube Bunfoot and a few other items which you will see in the coming weeks.
I needed a total of 8 legs as I had two of the Cabinets which I was going to transform into a Buffet. The legs are stunning as they are completely clear and the shape was just perfect for the overall look I had in mind for the cabinets.
To attach the legs first mark where you would want them to be placed.
Then drill the screws directly so to stabilize the leg mounting plate.
Place the middle screw in the center.
And then finally attach the gorgeous legs.
I went around and attached all the other legs and let me tell ya I am absolutely in LOVE with the overall look of the cabinets.
I would love to show you how it looks but I want to fully complete it before I reveal it.
So the Ikea Cabinets are really plain to begin with and I for one can’t stand that as I need a lot of color. If you are new here you should definitely check out my 10 of the most colorful furniture makeovers. DecoArt knows me very well and sent me all these beautiful colors which I ended up using on the cabinets.
I mentioned in Week 1 when I shared my Mood Board that I would be creating a textured Wall Art but I went the other route and created a textured floral pattern on the front of the cabinets.
I first painted the cabinets in the color Plum.
Then using these palette knives I went in and started creating the pattern I had in mind. I wanted something floral as the background Wallpaper is all leaves.
So I created flowers in different colors.
On one panel of the cabinet I made about 8 flowers so in total I painted about 32 flowers.
This took me quite sometime but the final look with the Acrylic Cube Legs made it all worth it.
I really can’t wait to show you guys how it looks.
I need to add some drawer pulls and I am thinking of making my own which I will probably be doing next week.
But this was my update for Week 3 and if you guys want to get even more inspired and motivated to makeover a room in your home be sure to check out the other featured designers and bloggers taking part in the One Room Challenge.
Leave a Reply