Have a bunch of empty Anti Bacterial Wipes Bottles at home and don’t know what to do with it? Why not make these adorable yet functional Coasters using the Lids.
I am 100 percent sure since last year most of us must have tons of antibacterial wipes at home which honestly I was disposing of and recycling but then I realized that why don’t I use the bottle and make something out of it.
The Bottle can be used as a Vase but I wanted to focus on the Lids and make some adorable coasters.
This is a great way to reuse those antibacterial wipes bottles and make something useful and functional out of it.
You only need a few simple supplies for these coasters. I chose to use Yarn but you could also use decoupage paper, Resin, confetti etc. Tons of Ideas and ways you could utilize these lids.
And you can also check out the list below for more inspiration.
DIY Coaster Crafts
Materials for Upcycled Lid Coaster
Anti Bacterial Bottle Lids
Acrylic Paints in the color Yellow, Red and Light Blue
Tutorial for Upcycled Lid Coasters using Anti Bacterial Wipes Lid
1) To create these colorful Upcycled Lid Coasters first assemble all the supplies in one place before starting the craft.
You only need a few basic items such as Acrylic Paints, Yarn and Hot Glue Gun.
2) To begin the craft detach the Lid from the Anti Bacterial Bottle Wipes and flip it.
The inside of the lid will be used and fully covered with Yarn.
3) An adult should be present and supervising when handling a hot glue gun if you are making these with kids.
Start by applying small amounts of glue in the middle of the lid and attach the yarn on top of it. This will be the anchor and starting point of the spiral design.
4) Keep adding small amounts of hot glue and twist the yarn around simultaneously until you achieve a spiral design. Keep doing it until the entire lid is covered.
5) Repeat the same process on the other lids.
6) The final step is to paint the Yarn. You can choose any colors that you like but if you want to match with the color of the Lids choose the same Acrylic Paint colors which is Yellow, Light Blue, and Red Paints.
7) To achieve a clean straight line use a flat thin-tipped paintbrush.
Dip the brush into the paint and start painting the yarn. You can get creative at this point and paint any design be it a geometric pattern or even fully cover the Yarn with the paint.
8) Repeat the painting on the other lids and let it fully dry which will take a few hours.
9) And that is it.
Enjoy your beautiful DIY Coasters.
This is a great way to repurpose and decorate your home and an adorable gifting Idea as well.
What do you guys think?