Week 4 is here and I can’t believe it!
Time is basically flying at this point.
If you are new here be sure to check out Week1, Week 2 and Week 3 so you can see my progress and the updates I have made in my Dining Room so far.
Side note: The Final Reveal is here and you can check it out over here.
This week I did a couple of things which I didn’t really document as they were just not that interesting but had to be done. I had a huge standing lamp which would look great in my Dining Space but the base of it was silver and black so I went ahead and painted it Gold.
I bought flowers, plants and vases to add in the space as well. I also just started to make a Wall Art which would be hung above the Credenza but it is still in the works.
So you see a lot of things are going on behind the scenes but today I wanted to share with you guys the DIY drawer knobs I made for the Ikea Ivar Cabinets I made last week.
Materials Needed for This Project
Since the colors I used on the Cabinets were a mix of turquoise and plum the blue stones were perfect for the drawer knobs.
I have used these stones on countless other Resin projects which you can see here and here.
To make these knobs you need to mix equal amounts of Resin and Hardener in a disposable cup.
I used a rectangular shaped mold to pour in the Resin.
First I sprayed it with some Mold Release and let it Air Dry.
Then I poured a tiny bit of the Resin mixture so I could place the Stones and the Glitter.
When that was filled, I went in and poured over the final layer of Resin which completely submerged the stones and glitter.
The final step is to attach the screws.
I wait for the Resin to get a little thick and then I place the screws directly into the Resin.
This basically saves me the step of applying glue and waiting for the glue to dry before I can actually use the drawer knob.
The screw stays in place as the Resin hardens completely.
I give it about 24 hours to fully cure before I release it from the Mold.
I went ahead and made another batch as I needed four drawer knobs for my Credenza.
And this is how it turned out.
Which is actually perfect as they go so well with the Acrylic Legs I attached on the Cabinets last week.
Now I really can’t wait to show you guys the final look.
Just one more week left and then it is Reveal Day!
Lastly, be sure to check out the featured designers and bloggers taking part in this One Room Challenge as well.